Being a mother of 2, my efforts to making Halloween a magical experience is my #1 priority. Here are 7 Halloween Money Saving Tips for families on a budget or extremely frugal shoppers.
- Use this year’s Easter Baskets as Halloween Buckets-Buying a bucket for $5 just to collect candy in, is ABSURD. There are several items around your home that can be a great substitute for treat-or-treat buckets. I have opted to use the children’s Easter baskets. They are serving the same purpose and all children want is a container to collect candy. Another thrifty alternative is to use re-useable shopping bags.
- Think Outside The Candy Box– Yes, all kids love candy, but a nice little trinket would also make them smile. Purchasing candy in preparation for halloween can be rather expensive, so opting for a bag spider rings, sticker rolls, or a snack will be a more cost effective alternative to just giving away candy. 😊
- Inexpensive Costume Options-First try to put together a costume at home from clothing you already own. Buying a mask or head gear and pairing with a solid color ensemble is a great alternative to buying a full-priced costume.
- Halloween Shop at the Dollar Tree-Dollar Tree has awesome finds for only $1. Shop Dollar Tree for Halloween decorations, costume accessories for girls and boys, and candy option alternatives.
- Shop for costumes at Kid Consignment Stores-Kid Consignment stores have great affordable costume options for below retail pricing.
- Watch for Halloween Promos from Retailers– Several retailers will run promos for the holidays. Buy One Get One, a High percentage off a purchase or item (40% or More), and offer in-store discount and coupons. My personal favorites are Target, Michaels, and Jo-Anns. Target’s Cartwheel app offers great discounts on seasonal items along with Michael’s and Jo-ann’s 40% coupons offers.
- Shop Halloween Clearance-After the holiday has passed, retailers will markdown seasonal clearance from 50%, 70%, to 90%. So this is a great time to stock-up on decor and costumes for the following year. It can save you so much money in the long run.